What We Do:
Since 1982, the Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance (COVA) has been committed to fairness and healing for crime victims, their families and communities through leadership, education, and advocacy. By operating in an inclusive and compassionate manner, COVA creates solutions and positive change.
COVA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit statewide membership organization, with over 800 members throughout Colorado. Our membership includes personnel from the criminal justice system, nonprofit organizations providing assistance to victims of crime, survivors of crime, concerned citizens, and members of allied professions (human services, education, mental health, clergy, etc.).
COVA’s vision is to be recognized as a national leader in building a collaborative environment where crime victims are given the opportunity to heal and restore balance to their lives.
What COVA is involved in:
- Providing training and technical assistance on the Colorado Victims’ Rights Act;
- Training to assist member agencies to provide quality services;
- Publishing standard mail and email Newsletters;
- Publishing an online statewide directory of victim service providers;
- Monitoring state & federal legislation affecting victims of crime;
- Administering a Victim Services Intern Program to enhance the delivery of services to underserved/underrepresented populations in the Denver Metropolitan and Northern Front Range Areas;
- Sponsoring the Annual COVA Conference for victim service providers and other interested parties;
- Managing a Human Trafficking Program, which provides intensive case management for victims of sex and labor trafficking statewide;
- Planning, developing, and hosting a statewide Victim Assistance Academy to provide base-line training to those new to the field of victim assistance;
- Public education to foster a better understanding of victimization;
- Offering a voluntary Victim Advocate Certification Program for Colorado victim advocates;
- Administering a Crime Victim Emergency Fund;
- Developing a Crisis Response Team available to assist communities statewide;
COVA Staff Contact Information:
COVA’s Board of Directors:
Angela Dunson, Past President
Cecil O’Farrell, Past – Past President
Michael Goodbee, Co-Vice President
Janet Drake, Co-Vice President
Tom Waddill, Co-Treasurer
Irene Blatnick, Co-Treasurer
Allison Boyd, Co-Public Policy
Michael Dougherty, Co-Public Policy
Britta Davis (Northeast Regional Rep)
Deena Ezzell (Northwest Regional Rep)
Jocelyn Rhymer (Central Regional Rep)
Maureen Testa (Central Region Rep)
get in touch.
Add: 1325 S. Colorado Blvd., Suite 508-B, Denver, CO 80222
Monday – Friday: 8am to 5pm MST*
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Closed for All Federal Holidays.
*Call Ahead, Not Available for Walk In’s